View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCam View Post
I looked at vintage Long photo's when I researched their products and the G-Force racing transmissions a few years ago. If I recall, there's a long standing relationship between the original founder of Long shifters (forget the original founders name) and G-Force Transmissions. I believe G-Force took over or merged the manufacturing of Long shifters and still offer an inline drag version, vertical gate and ratchet version with Long Handles.

Might still be someone from the original Long company involved in ownership of G-Force as well if I recall correctly?
Actually Long Machine and Tool bought out G & G Gear from Blaine MN sometime around 1990 or so from the likely retiring owner George Fluery.

G & G specialized in drag race trans and rearend stuff. They're specialty was ST-10's and made several race oriented HD parts including gearsets. I believe they started the steel midplate deal. For a number of years George had a mobile shop that traveled the NHRA circuit selling parts and doing repairs at the track.

Leonard Long I believe is in his early 70's and still actively drag races. He is the current and I think last 2 or 3 year champion of a N/A 10.5 tire class in the NMCA.

https://www.gforcetransmissions.com/about.asp
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gary Anderson For This Useful Post:
NorCam (11-29-2021), Rumbleguts396 (11-28-2021)