View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,116 Times in 328 Posts
Default Re: Supercar Registry

Good questions Kurt - the Shelby Registry was first published in 1973 and was only 24 pages long. As Charley posted above, the latest iteration is contained in 2 volumes with nearly 3,000 total pages (and that's only the "public" portion). The point is that it was started with very humble beginnings by a few enthusiasts, and grew into a huge document that truly enhances the legacy and value of the cars. It also immortalizes the owners/restorers/caretakers of the cars. My name is shown as former owner of several of the cars - I have seen Charley's name mentioned in there as well. Shelby did have the advantage of factory production records, but the effort was started without any ability to decipher the records. I'm a "vision" guy with a bent for data - my vision for this project is huge, but it depends on data. That's where the community comes in. We obviously need registrations to make a registry meaningful. There have been a good number of requests for registration forms so far. Keep it up - there's only one way to honestly say that your car is included in the Supercar Registry!
Also, I am just the data collector and first registrar right now. I don't want or need any credit for this project. I'll collect data until it overwhelms me (hopefully). It'll take a lot of dedicated, unselfish people to make this happen. How about if we open registrations up to cars through 1970 for now. Shelby started with only Cobras, and grew into the inclusion of later cars. Thoughts???