View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 11:55 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Unique Shelby Convertible for sale

It happens a lot more than you think. In the Chevy world too. I have borrowed wheels and tires for shows when the original knock off wheels were not finished with restoration. I know of a highly document/ '66 COPO Corvette (bc of interior/exterior color cobination) that has a near NOS off road (under car) exhaust system from a 1967 427/390 Vette. The owner of the '67 wanted some money back from the restoration fees and sold the exhaust system. It still had the original pipes, and even an ink stamp that says "Off Assembly" on the original mufflers. With all hardware and main dressing items like the chrome tail pipes with the mold seem on the bottom, he paid $2500 (and that was 3 years ago). I know of guys that exchange RC15 radiator caps and "VEN-TED" original gas caps for show cars all day long. To me this is NO different than buying an NOS original dual snorkle air cleaner assembly off ebay for $6500 or spending $500 on an original Delco oil filter. So what if the parts were once on a show car or not... same difference... after all when owners are done showcasing the restoration shop's job on the car you would think the owner would want to make it more streetable again... (but thats another thread)...