View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 02:25 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,390 Posts

Slow getting back to posting. Work has been progressing on the '68 Mustang at work.
I use drill screws to pull the toe board tight to the frame flange, so I'm not welding to air between.

Blurry pic of clamping the apron tight to the rail for welding.

I had to cut out a piece of the frame extension to slide the new rail in. The holes for plug welding are what was missing from the previous install. Not having a dozen welds to drill out made the removal easy, but there is a lot of structural strength here that was missing before too.

Another blurry pic, looks like the camera focused on the exhaust pipe...sorry.

Torque box that was installed. The flange was supposed to be welded to the frame too. It was barely tacked and then a patch put over it and welded to the torque box. I cleaned all the crap off and spent time properly fitting it to the frame.

Holes drilled for plug welding.

Welded to the bottom of the frame extension too.

Locating the new radius rod bracket for welding.

Rail replacement complete. New lower control arm, upper ball joint and radius rod bushings. I need to do that to the right side too, but AFTER I install the engine/trans. The left was a major fight with no weight to hold the body while installing the spring again.

Got the engine/trans in today and motor mounts and crossmember tightened up. Installing the steering gear, center link, idler arm, tie rods and that danged power assist valve and slave as a unit was a lot harder than taking it out !!

1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
dykstra (10-15-2021), PeteLeathersac (10-14-2021)