View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Barrett Jackson COPO Camaro

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Numbers matching engine" at Barrett-Jackson now means the engine and trans have the same restamps, or the block predates the car.

"Numbers matching car" means all four tires are the same size.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank the Corvette sector of the hobby for this one. This born the form effort to continue to maufacture concours topflight and GOLD winners. Restamping has gotten so good, proving the "numbers matching" motor is the original has become an exercise in proving a negative.- Prove that it's NOT a re-stamp and then I've believe it's original.

IMHO, in this "new world" the more things that you have to prove the car is the genuine article aside from the engine, the less impact having a replacement block or a re-stamp has on the value of the vehicle. On well documented cars, an original motor becomes the cherry on top rather than the whole cake. Frankly, we all know most muscle cars blew their top before some of us were out of diapers...

[/ QUOTE ] Maybe I am wrong but to blame restamps on Corvette owners/organizations is irresponsible. I know that I have seen plenty of fraud with all types of cars. I blame people who are only in it for the money, not for the love of cars, in other words greed!