View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 06:49 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,864 Times in 999 Posts

The fact that some people have ignored you or told you that you were crazy may be a clue. There is nothing wrong with making a buck let alone a nice profit on your parts, heck isn't that what most of us do every day. However, there is a difference between making a profit and asking for ransom money. That being said, if someone is willing to pay the price you are asking, who are we to say you are crazy. I paid some pretty crazy prices for some of the parts for our Chevelle restoration but I chose to do so because I wanted that quality or rarity of a part and since some were unobtainable I paid the price. Once I write the check it is hard for me to call someone a thief. The only time I really frown on some of the prices I see are when the people selling them are in the hobby and selling amongst their friends and fellow enthusiasts. If the buyer is obtaining the part for his own restoration than its nice to see the parts go to them for a reasonable profit and not gouging. Make a profit yes but try and take advantage of friends? No. The old saying comes to play here, there is a butt for every seat. If you can find it more power to you. Just remember that if you (the general public who is selling) needs help with technical advice or restorations service, what goes around comes around and very few seem to remember that.

My advice, sell it on ebay for that kind of asking price but if you are here because you love the hobby and are friends with those that are members here, make a nice profit but don't take advantage of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SS427 For This Useful Post:
L_e_e (07-12-2019), olredalert (07-12-2019), PeteLeathersac (07-12-2019), Slob44 (07-12-2019)