View Single Post
Old 04-15-2022, 01:54 PM

Thanked 1,382 Times in 671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless tony View Post
Speaking of Vega's and Toronto street racing, there used to be a charcoal grey BB Vega with a tube chassis (I think the owners name was Manny ... I would guess this was somewhere around 1985). The car sat so low in the front that the front corners of the valve covers protruded through the hood. He also ran a massive slick on the street. I think I saw it run 10.70 at Cayuga. Anywho, one night of street racing on the 404 (when the 404 ended at Bloomington) the cops showed up so we all split. I later heard that the cops caught the Vega and wanted to tow it (due to the slicks) but the car was so low in the front, if they hooked it from the back the nose would drag and they couldn't get a hook under the front because it sat so low. As the story goes, the cops ended up allowing him to leave with the warning of "if we ever see that thing out here again, you'll be sorry". I never did see it on the street after that.

Another about a Vega and Toronto street racing ... I remember reading a newspaper article about street racing in Toronto (I don't think it was the same article that had Dieters Cougar in it, I think this article was much later) and they had interviewed the owner of a yellow BB Vega who stated that, although he enjoys hanging out at Weston and Finch, he refuses to race on the street (obv that is what anyone would say ...). Welp, a month or two after the article and isn't the yellow Vega spotted (not by the cops), carrying the front wheels in the air, through an intersection Me street race? No way, I'm just here to watch (wink wink)
Is the Cougar you're referring to the one that is in the popular street racing video with the Springsteen soundtrack? The video looks like it was professionally done.

Found it: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FORM%3DHDRSC4
John 10:30

Last edited by markinnaples; 04-15-2022 at 02:22 PM.