View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 02:29 AM

Default Re: 69 Chevelle " mysterious" Canadian Model

Another thing, there are no known solid lifter Chevelles, L78 or L72, that were built in Oshawa in '69, so these cars would have probably been built in Baltimore or elsewhere. What John just said about market saturation would be true I think. I had the choice of a COPO Camaro from Nurse Chev-Olds in Whitby or our COPO Chevelle from Beare Motors. I seemed to have all the time in the world deciding on which one to buy. I wasn't exactly getting bowled over in the rush by people to buy the cars. There were COPO cars sitting in various Chev dealerships in Toronto as well. That's with probably no more than 30 COPO Chevelles for all of Canada. Price was the biggest impediment. With a dealer adding stuff they would only drive the prices higher and farther out of reach. With GM though, you never leave a single stone unturned because they did do some funny stuff. There was a long time when people wouldn't believe that COPO Chevelles were for real.