View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 12:32 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS427 View Post
I'm sure Dan (MosportGreen66) can attest to with their finds, I only mentioned the Yenko Chevelle find to Muscle Car Review because the author called to ask final questions about another feature car they were doing for us. He said my timing was perfect as they had an upcoming 'Barn Find" issue and this fit perfectly. ALL of the other venues that ran the story picked them up from MCR or elsewhere as I never contacted any of them. I think it all boils down to the new social media as it really does work.
Rick, I agree. There is a social media craze on the 'finds' of all sorts - barn, garage, field, behind garage, basement, etc. I think it is awesome to see. Our feature for the '67 Corvette was brought on through our Instagram app page. Scotty Lachenauer was alerted of our photos and reached out. It was a really neat process that was started by an innocent photo I took.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast67VelleN2O View Post
Lots of cars coming up for sale that people never "got to restore" and realize they will never get to it. Also, people dying and the family doesn't really care about the car, Just want the money.
Matt, I totally agree. Our '67 Corvette was bought from the second owner who passed away about 1 year after we bought the car. Our '62 was bought from the estate of either the original owner or second owner. The Boss 429 was bought from the second owner who bought it with plans to restore it but realized at about 65 years old that he will never do it to the way it should be done. It is the same sentiment perpetually. Family objectives change and money becomes more important than the car. The generation following does not have interest in the car...

Dan
67since67 (07-12-2018), 72-SS-L48 (07-13-2018), m22mike (07-12-2018)