View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts

There have been several cars I have found that are sitting outside deteriorating. Case in point a black 69 L78 Nova purchased new at Village Chev in Queen, NY, has been sitting outside since I spotted it (actually Warren Malkin was visiting in 1991-93 and spotted). I had spoken to the orig owner over the years and he was always going to put it on the road. I offered to push it in his barn and he refused. Next I covered with a tarp until that deteriorated.

I noticed the grass was getting long on his property and left my card in door because no one answered. I was contacted and found out he passed away and the car removed.

There are many reasons why some owners just won't part with them and let them deteriorate. One may be they rather see them rot than someone else have fun or resurrect them. Others are they don't have time, money, motivation and or have a sincere attachment and can't let go of their youthful memories.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
kwhizz (07-13-2018)