Thread: Snake Bite!
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 01:51 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

Welcome to the club!

I bought this old gal new, in late 1992 for our magazine project car. Still sits in the garage with 8,000 miles. Back in '96 I bought a new Viper coupe under the program they had that gave vouchers to current registered owners of Vipers. I sold it a couple years later. For two years it stank to high heaven of the out-gassing solvents from the fiberglass (or whatever the polymer body panels were made of back then). I would get a sore throat from just sitting in the car for more than a minute. Kind of like that acrid smell of a stack of new tires in a tire warehouse.

Back in the old days Dodge was always sending me spare "heavy" stuff for the project. A large section of my basement is still full of the parts in boxes. I have the original exhaust system from the actual Viper Pace Car in the stack of pipes. (The long muffler set with no cat). Several boxes of the aluminum NOS rocker side pipe panels, spare rims and unused 1992 Michellins XGTZ's. One of these days this stuff might actually be worth something when people start restoring these cars.

I also made sure and ordered every single rubber coolant hose and weatherstripping item from the dealer while they were still available. Some of those crazy heater hoses go behind the block against the firewall. Insane design!
Attached Images

Last edited by njsteve; 08-09-2017 at 02:05 AM.