View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: ZL1 #9 Barrett Jackson - Where's Waldo

If I were a new guy interested in this hobby/business I'd appreciate a description that simply spelled things out. I've been around for a while and can "read between the lines", not everyone has that luxury though.

I think it was the Corvette guys that wanted to get to the bottom of whether their cars were correct or not and I believe the term "numbers matching" started. For me "numbers matching" meant that the motor was the original. This then expanded to the tranmission, differential and so on. Then descriptions got creative and sellers said to themselves well I looked at the casting number on the block and it's numbers matching (when the actual case was the motor was out of another car but the casting numbers are correct for the vehicle).

I've never seen this particular car and I'm sure that the quality of the work is top shelf but I just don't think it is fair to potential buyers when you have to read and re-read a description to understand what it is that you are really buying.......

For me the accepted term is a rebodied car.