View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 12:46 AM

Thanked 2,029 Times in 645 Posts

Yes, Ray had recently retired as a fireman when I first met him back in 2015 and was indeed a super nice guy. If remeber correctly, he bought the car for $2000 back in 1972 so he had the pleasure of owning the car for 47 years.

I read this entire thread again today after the post about the yellow/yellow Canadian COPO came up and norticed an earlier post stating this car has it's origianl drivetrain which I beleive is only partially true since it has a CE block in it. The original owner blew a headgasket when the car had 5 or 6k on it and instead or repairing the original engine a CE replacement block was installed under warranty. Some might argue that it still has its original drivetrain since the block was replaced under warranty but I'm not an authority on anything so I'm staying out of that debate. Ray had paperwork documenting the CE block or it was written in the owners manual, I can't remember for sure. The amount of paperwork he had for the car amazing, no window stcker but he did have the original car shipper for it. I'm in no way trying to knock the car or Ray's memory but wanted to make sure the correct information about the car is known since it will eventually have a new owner or be discussed at a later date.

While I know this car particularly well, I never had the privledge of riding in it. After the restoration, Ray kept it in one of those clear, positive pressure tents to keep it from getting dusty and every time I was there the weather wasn't nice enough for him to get it out and take me for a spin. Thanks again for everything Ray, you were a great caretaker for this car!