Thread: lift hooks
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 01:27 AM

Default Re: lift hooks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good quote on Jerry's book, I should buy it for a barometer, I'm curious on the rear my BE 12 bolt looks like the tubes are painted but the center natural and rear cover as well, who knows.....

[/ QUOTE ]

John Z, who was there, has stated that rear axles were painted black complete with drums. Lines and cables added later, yoke was masked. There are a number of axle photos in vintage car magazine tests and the axles look shiny black. One of the best is ZL-1 #3 in the Aug '69 HP Cars.

Remember this stuff was not cleaned, degreased or primed prior to paint. I doubt the paint adhered for long.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love pics! they speak a thousand words, memory can be short I do have a couple pics of a build sheet stuck to rear cover not painted??? adds question, I did note one on here as well, so what we would be saying is they painted the housings before assembly??? cover added after, that does not make sence to me either, I agree pics are the best source and the older or closer to build time is best, I looked at another 10 bolt car all original today it was black, you could still see most on diff, so