View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Next Years Power Tour Car

After a while of thinking about the Brake issue's and what we went thru last summer getting the rear brakes to work.....after looking at the pic's again.......it seems that while taking the calipers on and off so many times trying to get the pads tight against the rotors......the piston rotated slightly and the aligning stud on the inside of the pad was actually hitting on the face of the piston and not in the recess provided for it......so.....even though it made the pad tight and the appearance of being functional........the pad was only tight in apperance......what I didn't notice was that the pad was in on an angle.......I was so happy to get it to where I thought I fixed the problem that I didn't look or think about it any more.......if you look at the pictures you can see the end result.........I contacted CPP a couple of times and after the initial contact with one of their service techs......I was told I just didn't know what I was doing and the supplied pads were O.K. to use..........Really!!!..........

So......anyhow......with the new correct pads in the car.......Being that it was in the mid 40's here yesterday, I decided to drive the car to the shop and get the pads seated a little more........Man....I "Really" like this beater now that all the little issues are getting worked out.....and......for all you Out West guys......that's Snow in the background of the pic.....LOL

I haven't heard from Mike about any progress on the Strato-Bench seat.........But.....I won't need it for another 2 months anyway..........

Golf Guy

The Best things in life......Aren't Things