View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 04:30 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts
Default Re: "The Beater Bee" becomes "The Better Bee"

Bill....the holes for seats on Mopars, from what I've seen on the cars I've done, is really just a little slit and the stud is shoved through the opening. I wanted to make my life easier with the seat installation and precut the holes out. The seat tracks have 1/2" thick plastic spacers that go underneath and get sandwiched between the track and the floor.

Top glue was Weldwood Landau Contact cement that Mike posted earlier. Or is that Wilwood? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img] I always get those two confused....no wonder I can't come to a stop!!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/thumbsdown.gif[/img] Anywho, I spray the roof and let it dry real good. About 30mins. I then sprayed the underside of the top and let that dry the same. I then came back and sprayed another light coat on the roof and after a 10 minute set up (dried), I laid down the spare vinyl I had to prevent the top sticking until I wanted it to. I then folded the top over just a bit, and started to press the roof down while pulling out the old vinyl under it. All the while, stretching and pulling. It felt like an exercise video! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img] &quot;OK Girls, now pull and stretch, heat and pull, stretch and pull. Who wants a good looking top? Stretch (puff) and pull (huff-puff)...&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Cheers [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]