View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 02:34 AM

Thanked 136,490 Times in 22,778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Block Bill View Post
Lee,

Did I strike a nerve or something? Your reply was a little harsh don't you think? Most people on this site know I have owned a Marathon Truck Stop and Repair facility for the last 37 years, and worked there a total of 49 years as an employee or employer so I obviously know how people pay for Fuel. Sorry if I didn't explain myself, but what I was asking if the whole process was going to be paid like a toll system is, as to where Illinois' I-Pass system is good in many states when traveling to pay for tolls and vise versa, then you would be billed directly every month by the state issuing your transponder.
And if I want to drive from New York to California - you can see where Trasponders really wouldn't work. It will work the same way it does today only with gas. You pull in - submit your CC/Debit Card into the charging station and charge up. Your rate is based on which state your in. Instead of gallons of gas it's KWH.

Quote:
Your table of State electricity prices doesn't answer my question how much per charge people will be paying, That was my question. If you would like to take this conversation off line, tell me and I'll give you my cell phone number so we can talk, I am not a bad Guy, and I really enjoy this site, so I'm looking to start a War. I just don't get the Buzz about EV's being practical (right now anyway). And by the way diffrerent is spelled different, and I know how to use the Internet.

Respectfully waiting for your reply, public or private.
Bill Pankiw
How much will people pay? How much do they pay today to fill up with gas? One guy used 15 gallons, another 22. It will be the same for an EV Charging Station. Keep in mind that buying gas includes state and federal taxes. That will have to be added to every charge some how.

There is no reason to complicate this. Just substitute a Charging Station for a Gas Pump.