View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,080 Times in 357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Nova View Post
Nice set-up there Wayne, Pretty close to mine in my 69 Nova, but mine is a spool and is 66/67 Chevy II width so a bit narrower. Got a deal on it used as people didn't think the 12 bolt should be in a 7 second car (car was running 7.65 with it when I bought it off him due to twisting axles).

What did you do for rear shackles? My 69 runs Smith bars and there split mono's with Afco's rear sliders. Like to see what you did with the rear to what others told me to do if I kept the shackles and not the sliders.

I haven't ran the car at the track with that set-up yet. Maybe this summer who knows with life. Car has run 10.40's with a nice L78 with ported heads and a small comp solid roller, M21 and 4.56 in the stock '69 12 bolt and spring set-up.

Waiting for results when the weather breaks.
12 bolt is good for drag racing until it ain't. A buddy ran his into the high 4's in the 1/8th. Another buddy is running 8.70's with his 12 bolt and his 31 spline axles were twisting, so ordered another set for this season and next winter he'll decide if he goes 9".