Thread: Traction bars
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 08:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to TheNovaMan
Default Re: Traction bars

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pxtx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have a set, but would like to encourage you. I would just use a similar set of bars as a reference. Basically you just need to make it with a swuare tube, rather than a rectangular one. How authentic do you really need them to be if you are already improving/ altering them?

I've read you want to make the length longer to catch the spring eye. I think that is a great idea. They made them both with long tails and without. I would recommend you make the long tails. This will get you the ability to toss in a set of wheelie bars.</div></div> Well, the most important measurement is the angle of the cut on the front of the bars. I can probably get the rest close enough by guess and by golly, but it'd give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside to know I have a set that are virtually identical except for total length.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WILMASBOYL78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have an original set on our 70 L78 TH400 car...car is in storage at the moment...I'll see about getting more info.

wilma</div></div> Thanks!