View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 02:02 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,175 Posts
Default Very Restorable 68 Black Chevelle Steering Wheel

Typical cracks at 12 o’clock, 4:30 and 7:30. What isn’t typical are the cracks at 4:30 and 7:30.

These wheels have ribs running from about 3 o’clock to 9 o’clock. Almost every one you see has cracks that run right through the ribbed area making it almost impossible to restore, because the continuity of the ribs is interrupted.

Other than the 1/8 inch crack at 12 o’clock, this one has no cracks running all the way through. Of course there are cracks on the back side, where the spokes meet the rim.
All of the cracks on this one can be filled in with a high quality epoxy, everything cleaned and lightly sanded, then painted for a perfect looking 68 steering wheel.

Comes with shroud. All screw holes are good. Horn worked fine. Although the paint is coming off, there are no dents or deep scratches. Has a SS “Malibu” emblem on it, but that is easily changed if you need to put an SS emblem on.

Compare with this one on ebay for $119, plus $46 shipping.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-68-CHE...53.m1438.l2649

I would REALLY like to trade this for a 68 El Camino or Chevelle jack assembly. I will pay to ship both items if we can work out a trade. If I get no takers for the trade, then I will put a price on it.
Attached Images

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...