View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 09:50 PM

So I got the new radiator in .... not without a little adjustment .... seems the radiator is about 1/4" to wide, so I had to modify the rubber cushion so that everything could go together. Over-all not bad.
After that I started the engine but I had a couple of gas leaks. This carb is a Holley 83310 and came with the 'metering plate' in the secondary fuel bowl and I bought a Holley kit to convert it to a 'metering block' that you can change the jets in it. That's all well but I had to buy a different fuel line because the spacing is different on the fuel bowl inlets now with the metering block.
The new fuel line I bought is the problem. It was made wrong. Turned one way the lines were to narrow to fit the fuel bowl inlets and turned the other way they were to wide to fit the fuel bowl inlets. So I shortened and re-flared two ends so that the gas line was about the right spacing down from the carb and also fit to the fuel block. Guess I didn't do to good of a job - should have just sent the whole mess back.
I will have to get a new set of fuel lines and hope these fit. But why does everything need adjusting ??

If these don't fit.... they are going back