View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 06:33 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts
Default Re: "The Beater Bee" becomes "The Better Bee"

Oh course, what does one do with such an iconic icon of the Muscle Car era? Well, here's what you do!

Phil: {rrring} "Hello?"
Me: &quot;Hey Phil, Dave. Long time no talk man! How's things? How's Lori? Been flying much? Hey, I bought my Dream Bee and wondered if maybe you'd like to bring your COPO to the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals in Chicago this year? Ever hear of it? Probably not. Small, local show. Anyrate, I haven't seen you in 13yrs since we were laid off from TWA, and thought what a fitting reunion![img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] I'll see you there. I'm sure you'll get the time off. Thanks Phil! You're one of the good ones [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif[/img]....{click}&quot;
Phil: &quot;Hello?!?&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]

Actually, the whole thing was in reverse order. Woj contacted me and told me about the show, and a call to Reliable set the transport up after Bob and Ryan agreed to have the car in the Barn Find section at the 2015 show. Here's the Pics from that!
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Here's my Bee at the set up area for the Barn Find section of MCACN 2015. The cool thing is the COPO right above the hood scoop is Woj's! Had to take another angle on that while the show wasn't fully set up. Really a neat pic![img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]

Me and my lovely wife Kelly next to the Bee! That was taken by Marc Rozman, who we met at the show. So many nice people!!!

I love this image, and call it, &quot;Bee Blurr&quot;. Kelly took this as I was driving away headed for Reliable. Something about that just sums up the whole show in one picture: As the show ends, stands come down, seats get folded up, cars fire up, Big Rigs pull in awaiting to gobble up acres of iconic juggernauts, and amidst all that flurry, your car and you stay in focus the entire time. Oh man, that's pretty deep....[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Cheers[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]