Thread: 1969 Trans Am
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2004, 09:47 AM

Default Re: 1969 Trans Am

There was a barn find RAIV '69 T/A pulled out by a guy near Pittsburgh. I bought a 12 bolt rear off of him for my 70 Chevelle and we got to talking and showed me these pics of a 69 T/A. He was real hush hush about it and claimed he found it when he went to take the rear out of an elCamino. He asked the owner, who was apparently a farmer, if he happened to have anything else around that would have a good rear in it, he mentioned the Trans Am. Sure enough, there it was an original paint numbers matching RAIV Trans Am. I don't know much about 69 T/As but he showed me snapshots of a 69 T/A with some sort of special hood on it. It was still sitting in the barn covered in pig sh*t. The one side was badly pitted from the slop spashing out of the pig pen and onto the one side of the car. Been sitting since the erly 70's. He said he didn't want to sell it because he had no idea what it might be worth. I'm sure you'll see this car surface someday when he decides he needs the $$$ it'll bring. Cool that stuff is still out there to stumble on, just never seems to be me who finds it.