View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 01:24 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,389 Posts

You're right on the bodyman being 1 of 2 hero's. I "thought" the guy who worked on my '66 Chevelle as a bodyman too, but all he was is a bondo artist and not all that good with that either, but that's a different nightmare.

I've owned my Camaro for about 15 years and built it back to a driver from the basket case it was. Unfortunately, I got side tracked with MANY other cars and projects for 13 years and finally pulled it into the shop for the trunk floor replacement about 16 months back. In the midst of that we, found a different place to live and moved, so it got put together enough to self load on the trailer and hasn't been touched since.

Couple pics of the left fender after all the bondo was soaked off.

It's no supercar, so I hesitate to start a build thread, but it was taken down to the bare firewall and all rust removed. Subframe powered coated, al new power disc brake conversion, new 350 engine, m21, yada, yada, yada. I did jam the clip parts with ppg single stage Granada before assembly and only having a little left of the pint, sprayed it out on the front panel, hood and cowl panel. It's a nice color, but I like that you have this in a close match with the bc/cc and yes, I think it may be a "richer" shade of gold.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (10-23-2020)