View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 01:21 AM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Thanks David

Glass really did fit well, but it should of since this car still has it original body panels intact. Most problems start when quarters, roofs and tulip panels have been repaired and the car isn't as square as it may have once been.

Got a lot more accomplished today and we're boogieing right along now. Leaving a few character parts in place and trying not to over cartoon the car with ink stamps and chalk everywhere. I see so many restored cars now days that are just plastered with stamps, decals and chalk marks everywhere and to me it just looks wrong! Only a few decals and a couple markings is all this car will be seeing. Brake lines are in and tomorrow we'll hit the front lighting, grill and then the wiring harnesses will go in. We'll probably spend a good week doing the engine bay and getting the brakes bled before we start thinking about the drive line. I will get it fired on the run stand again next week before we're ready to install it. From there we will focus on the interior and making it look like a super clean 22,000 mile survivor inside. Just wish I had a mint used carpet to match everything else I have put together.

More in a week or two.

Finished the brakes today and installed some new drums to help it stop.

Ran the remaining brake lines today and almost ready for the master.

Added a couple decals to the front shocks and springs. (not going to go too crazy with all the markings)

Added new e-brake cables throughout the car today.

There were a few nicks and character marks in the rear hold off, and I'm going to leave it that way.

Last edited by NorCam; 03-26-2019 at 01:14 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NorCam For This Useful Post:
HawkX66 (03-26-2019), SS427 (04-05-2019)