View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixt9rsx33 View Post
I am at sea level and based on what you guys have said above, I think it was more of a carb setup issue for this fuel. You guys confirmed too that once I added the pump 93 things straightened out. Compression is 11.1 so may have enough compression? Can't answer that one.
Highly unlikely, I’m a pilot as well as a racer , I’ve used AV gas in many race cars and even some of my street cars at the track never had an issue like that. I’d guess you had some crap in the tank that made its way to the needle and seat and hung it open causing a nasty rich condition from the vent tubes flowing fuel out the top. Holley? ( just a guess but common)

For those running AV gas 100LL now stock up cause it’s going away very soon. The new unleaded AV gas has been approved. Pilots are not happy about the change over I can tell you that but 100LL despite its name actually has a lot of lead in it. So it’s gone.

Keep in mind that Aviation engjnes run at about 2600 rpm’s and this fuel is designed to run that RPM sustained more than 1000 to 6000 Rpms that being said it’s always run well for my cars and lots of landscaping equipment without changes.

Many lycoming engines running av gas are low 7.9 compression. Sometimes as low as 7.0! Big bore engines.

Last edited by turbo69bird; 01-02-2023 at 10:43 PM.