View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 04:27 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanks a bunch guys! Sunday I had a nice clear, crisp, sunny (cold) day to exercise the Chevelle and, more importantly, enough rain lately to wash the roads of that pesky salt. She ran real strong and seemed to like the 30 deg. weather. Took Lori along and she was impressed with the car's grunt (just 1/2 throttle). These are break-in miles as last fall I pulled the engine and asked Eric to go through it to make sure all was in order. All looked good except for the front main bearings which were beginning to show some scoring. This most likely as a result of the car's drag racing days and the resulting momentary starvation of oil flow toward the front of the crankshaft from repeated hard launches . Everything else looked good. So, a replacement of the bearings, a crank polishing, new rings and a light hone of the original bore and all of the original rotating assembly was put back together. Original valve springs were replaced for obvious reasons. So it will be a couple hundred more miles before I can really get on it but, all indications are that she is VERY healthy! Here is a short clip from the backend to let you hear what the newly refreshed insides sound like! (please excuse my crooked exhaust tips as I have a bit more massaging to do there). Enjoy! (Thanks to Bruce, Jody, and “the computer guy” for their persistence in getting the Youtube video posting feature to work again)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mockingbird812 For This Useful Post:
m22mike (04-11-2018), scuncio (04-11-2018), SS427 (04-11-2018), VintageMusclecar (04-12-2018)