View Single Post
Old 10-24-2023, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStopRestoration View Post
My father and I have built dozens of motors over the years. Our engine machine shop normally went with Comp products. Never had any issues untill about 2 or 3 months back. Started up a 66 375hp solid lifter motor with a blueprint cam. Out of caution we even used some Johnson lifters along with Joe Gibbs break in oil. Cam lost 6 lobes after 15mins of break in. One lobe as I recall lost .040-.050. Another wore itself into the lifter and made a nice .020 deep hole.

We decided because of the time and money we spend on these cars to go with Erson Roller cams. They have a very nice grind thats not in the catalogue but very closely matches an L78 or LS6 solid lifter cam. We used hydraulic rollers. Started the motor on the stand 3 weeks back and extremly happy with how the engine ran and sounded. We are currently converting over 2 more L78s we had planned to start. If you get them on the phone I would simply talk about what you have and askf if they have grind as a roller equivalent.

I did alot of research on the mater. Its difficult to get anyone to really admit to what is different or going wrong.
Are the engines as quiet as a hyd. flat tappet?