View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 12:37 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by '69Novajoe View Post
As much as I hate to admit it, I pulled a real bone-head move this past Saturday. I was getting ready to do my annual oil change on the Nova and put the ramps I've used in the past at the bottom of the driveway. Bad decision, because the driveway is already on a slant and I usually put them on a flat, or nearly flat, surface. Anyway, as I drove them up on the ramps it "felt" like it was going further than I remembered!! With the car idling, the brake on and clutch in, I opened the door and much to my surprise the ramps were tilted at about a 45 degree angle. I closed the door, thought I put it in reverse and proceeded to ease the clutch out. Well, the car immediately drove off the ramps and ended up stuck under the car right behind the front tires!! I was sick, especially when I saw the lower moldings bent where the "bump" strip from the ramps caught them. I'll try to post pictures later but wanted to ask for advise/suggestions concerning repairing or maybe replacing them. I know that may be a hard question to answer without seeing the damage but I've been told the anodizing process may compromise the appearance of them. Not that I'm looking for show quality parts, just something that isn't dented!!! Thanks for any and all comments.
OUCH -- sounds totally FUBAR ... TAZ