View Single Post
Old 12-07-2023, 06:15 AM

Hi all. I would just like to say that I have what is left of a heavily crashed ZL1 that has sat hidden away in a loft, covered with dust and bird crap for many decades. All the good bits were long ago pirated, hence I have zero intention of trying to recreate a 'silk purse out of a sow's ear'. The important part, the body number tag is still riveted on (albeit with a bit of a twist in that area, and it may take some careful work to get it straight again). I intend to restomod the remains, and it will never be put up for sale as some super desirable collector item ZL1. It is a sh-tbox that will be rebuilt with as many new panels as I can throw at it, and also some upgrades to the brakes and suspension. Engine wise, big block aftermarket aluminum blocks can be found, but it will never have a ZL1 number on it. I am still going to use an OEM front clip and not go to some full chassis type restomod. What will it be worth in the end? I do not care, it is a keeper and will be used by me as a regular driver, not locked away in a display cabinet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ELVIS For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (12-08-2023), 69M22Z (12-07-2023)