View Single Post
Old 07-16-2022, 04:55 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

I changed the oil and filter and drained the oil cooler (an additional cup and a 1/3 comes out of there). In total 7-1/2 quarts of very black-looking oil came out. Pennzoil 0W-40 SRT is supposed to be the factory fill. Compare that amount to the capacity refill recomendation of 7 quarts with filter and that would lead you to believe they do put something extra in there at assembly. I was wondering why the dipstick showed a full 1/2 inch above the full line. After refilling with 7 quarts it is now exactly at the fill line.

I sent a sample out to Blackstone Labs and here's the results. Interesting. It looks like the factory adds some type of moly additive given the high level present. A few other owners have posted very similar results from their own factory fill first oil changes (three other cars at 500, 600 and 1700 miles).

The oil pan does have a fancy-shmancy Hellcat SRT logo on it. And all the drain plugs and filter were properly fastened. I double-checked because of some horror stories from other owners about assembly line finger-tight drain plugs. I did replace the oil pan drain plug with a heavy duty magnetic version.
Attached Images

Last edited by njsteve; 07-16-2022 at 05:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post:
olredalert (07-16-2022)