View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,599 Posts
Default Re: Jake Dykstra's 1962 409/409 Impala!

-------Thanks so much for your help, Bruce Its much appreciated!!! Thought everyone might like to see the big guy (Jake senior) back in the day, as well as his car, or the corner of it at least. The two shots with Jake were taken at the motel in Indy for the Car Craft Nationals. Jan took them of my parts chaser but both Jake and his pretty freshly finished 409 got in as well. We used to call Jake the "Cookie Monster" as he worked one heck of a long time for Nabisco and used to bring us all kinds of goodies at Classic Motors almost year around. As well, you can see from the pictures that Jake is not height challanged. Our favorites were the Mystic Mint cookies. We ate 'em along with a beer chaser after a long day. Mmmmm,,,Yummy!!!
-------Wish I had that El Camino back as it came out nice. The picture of it alone is across the street from my house in Hinsdale, two blocks from the old "Jack Douglass Chevrolet" which by that time had become the infamous "Classic Motors". As you can see I hadnt gotten to the bottom side of the hood yet as it was pretty fresh too. I swapped in an oval port 454 with 69 Corvette tri-power and transistor ign that I had laying around. As a sidebar, Terry Carney found the El-C for me down around Bluffton Ind. I miss Terry alot but I bet hes up there with some little fu-fu dog stuffed inside his jacket......Bill S

-----Oh, by the way,,, Thats a caterpiller crawling across my upper lip.