View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 01:15 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Thanks Dave...

I'm enjoying this one while discovering things I never knew about late built cars.

Checked out the wheels, trim rings and derby covers yesterday. Everything appears to be factory issue with original 4 clip 3901708 trim rings and factory 3925805 dual flute derby caps. The wheels are original 15" x 7" rallies with K-1-9 9 9 YH dates from Kelsey Hayes. Hard to see behind the valve stem in this shot and will have to verify if there's another digit such as a 1 under the leading edge of the valve stem? To this point it looks like the 9th day of September unless there's another number at the leading edge of the hole? Insides of the wheels are a little crusty (survivor state) and have never been restored by the looks of things. All lug nuts have the 3 triangle markings on them as well. Once I mount some driver wheels, these will be stored away. The spare in the trunk matches the others and has an original Sports Car 200 spare tire on it. Jeff Boone added the wide tread F70 tires to the car before it was shipped. He had a set of these sitting around and while they are not the correct E70's, they will do since they are coming off to be stored anyways.

Thanks for adding these to the car Boonie.

Original factory issue trim rings and derby caps.

Might be a 1 hiding under that valve stem. Will check later.

Dual fluted derby cap as issued by factory.

Wheels have not been restored by looks of the inside.

Original spare tire intact.

Last edited by NorCam; 10-21-2019 at 01:21 PM.