View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Bad eBay buyer. BEWARE SELLERS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fast67VelleN2O</div><div class="ubbcode-body">eBay sided with the buyer today. This is outrageous.</div></div>

I just happened to read this thread. What reasons did eBay give for siding with the buyer? You have the original pics from the listing plus you can easily show how you got it back in return (and that it wasn't in that condition when you shipped it out in the first place).

My dad recently bought a 66 L79 intake on eBay. Seller said it was in excellent shape. When we received it, it was clear that one end had been welded and sanded down. Also, part of the top surface was sanded. Couldn't miss these defects (in person but hard to see in the photos) and we couldn't use it on the car. Seller first offered a partial refund but we couldn't use the intake (so it made no sense to keep it) so my dad refused the refund and went through ebay. Ebay sided with my dad, that it wasn't as described and sent him a prepaid shipping label. Once the tracking showed that the seller received it, they issued a refund, which took several days to process but it came. I'm guessing they took it out of the seller's paypal account or billed him through ebay.

It does seem like ebay sides with the buyers more than the sellers and there's not much you can do about it at times.