Thread: Hurst Shifters
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Hurst Shifters

Hi Kurt:
Yes Sir I heard about the book today in fact. I'm learning the hard way however.You are right it is not 69 camaro.See when I first posted I seen the 3138 so assumed camaro.Seems 3138 just means factory Gm installed??Camaro is offset to the side I know now. There is at least one of those in the box also however.A new guess on this one is early 65 -66 GTO it also has 04206115M on it the other I looked at last night was a 6356 which I think is dodge.I'm not too bad on the factory GM old style and 68-72 muncie ones but these hurst are a new game to me. It is the pile of rods that are real confusing.Especially knowing someone probally could use them .So far I helped out one guy with a old nova shifer he has been looking for. Some have been sending me pictures of what they need and that helps a lot.One by one we will get through them since I have no requiremenmt for them in any of our cars .There is probally 15 or 16 there some with handles some without. All way older than 25 years.
Hard to believe there is nothing documented other than the book you mention on the old hurst shifters.