View Single Post
Old 01-13-2023, 07:52 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS427 View Post
What really amazes me in recent years are the people that pay $300k-$500k or more to have a custom Pro-Touring car built up to that days current fads only to sell it a few years later when those fads have passed for $150k but then complain about a $125k restoration where the value of their car increases every year. I don't get it. I eat a TON of labor on restorations but bill for every minute on a Pro-Touring car with no issues. Go figure!
That is a great comment. Most people don't get the big picture when it comes to preservation OR restoration of the real ones. Doing these cars accurately costs cubic money. And, where are the REAL untouched cars to start with?

So we build a $350K restomod, then in 5 years doesn't it just look like one of the Pro-Street cars on the cover of Hot Rod in 1986? Who likes tweed seats and door panels right now? Will we like a 2022 Resto-Mod 64 Corvette that has been converted to look like a 67, any more 20 years down the road?

My son just turned 4. Every new toy that comes through the shop...first comment from the boy is, "Dad, when can we drive it?"

Last edited by SupremeDeluxe; 01-13-2023 at 07:55 PM.