View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 04:57 AM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Slowly but surely I am winning all of the little battles as I get near to finishing up on this car. That also means going over everything again to verify I am happy with things and finding some items that just aren't good enough. Like yesterday for example. I pulled the shifter linkages back out, tweaked the tunnel for another 1/4" of clearance and adjusted the rods to fit better. I now have the shifter working perfectly. I also set up the clutch pedal which reminded me that I forgot to clearance the fork arm before putting it into the bell housing. Mini die grinder worked perfect to trim the upper web on the clutch fork arm and gain the clearance needed.

Finally, I terminated all the ground wires, added all the bulbs to the harnesses, repaired one park lamp socket and powered everything up so I could check the electrical system before firing the car this weekend. Happy to report all but two dash lamps worked and those I will change out tomorrow. Radio works, horn works, wipers are good to go, heater blower is good and there does not appear to be any electrical issues anywhere on the car. I have a few more wires to terminate tomorrow and then I'll get the brake system bled. I'm shooting to fire it up and roll it out on the 4th of July with open headers. After that it'll be the push to dial in the door panels and finish up the interior.

Original T3 lamps courtesy of the previous owner.

Powered up with lights on for the first time in nearly 35 years.

Added courtesy lights under the dash and still need to add some bulbs to the gauges.

Brake lights and signals all tested and working perfectly. Only new harness is the engine bay.
big gear head (07-03-2021), chevyman0429 (07-03-2021), Dave Rifkin (07-03-2021), dykstra (07-04-2021), R68GTO (07-03-2021), scuncio (07-03-2021), X66 714 (07-03-2021), x77-69z28 (07-05-2021), Xplantdad (07-03-2021)