View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 10:00 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

In preparations for start up, all fluids are in I'm happy to report... ready for initial fire up and cam break in! I hooked up the battery to test everything. Aaaaaaannnd.....I got nothing. No power to anything. Back to square one. But knowing me and the idiot I am, I quickly realized that the bag of fuses on the workbench that was in my way when I was brewing my morning coffee, was exactly what I was missing! So once installed I checked everything out. I was especially interested in that Convenience Group lighting panel. On initial turn of the key, the "Belts" light comes on then goes off after about 3 seconds. "Park" is for the parking brake being engaged. "Door" is when the door is not latched, and what I mean by that is not if the door is open, rather, its for when the door is only latched on the first click of the lock. Open, light is out. Push the door in and at the first click of the lock, the light illuminates. Push the door all the way in to the second "click"(now it's latched closed) and it goes out. "Fuel" is for the low fuel warning which is exactly what is preventing me firing this thing off. I called Bob's Speedometer, the place restoring my sending unit with low fuel thermostaticistorthingy, and he was reassembling it as I was on the phone with him. Now, I'm all for doing things twice, but since installing the fuel sending unit is something I'd really only like to do once, I'll wait until it shows up next week.

All lights, blinkers, warnings, all work. I should have the 8-Track back this month too. More to come.....

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (04-12-2018), mockingbird812 (04-11-2018), VintageMusclecar (04-11-2018)