View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 02:22 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

I have in a box what I understand to be the original radio, model no. 91BFP1 so a 1969 AM/FM mono unit, RPO U69. Delightfully it has both connectors on it, which I may have to use since the car's new harness looks to have an aftermarket radio power connector.

I pulled the existing Motorola AM radio from the car - not sure why it's in there and not the Delco, except maybe the restoring owner found out the Delco doesn't work? The Motorola speaker wires were tucked away into the body of the radio as was its power wire, so looks like the restoring owner never got around to wiring it up for the car (or didn't plan to). I was tempted to leave in the Motorola since, randomly, this car was sold new in Harvard, Il, the hometown of Motorola's founder, but I'd have to change the connectors to match the factory-style harness and the AM/FM Delco with slider is too cool not to try to get working.

The first three photos below are of the Delco unit and the rest are the Motorola. The Motorola speaker wires have a black in-line connector then bare ends.
Attached Images

'83 FJ60
'10 WC50