View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by napa68 View Post
By replacing the components you have, I'd like to think you are thought the worst of it. Perhaps freshening of the carb would not be the worst idea either.

I still like Boeshield the best. It protects metal, enhances color without looking fluffed, and dries in short time.

You have a nice time capsule there. Evaporust could really be your friend in order to reverse the rust on the components you made mention of. Getting the undercoating off is a messy and lousy job. What you will find underneath will be worth the BS.
Agree on the carb approach, it appears new as the seller had it rebuilt by El Camino John (I honestly don't know who that is) but I assume it is someone he knows that has a name in the hobby. The tank was a mess, the fuel pump was not great BUT the fuel filter at the carb was surprisingly not bad. Regardless, that will be my last step to ensure a clean system.
I will check out Boeshield, thanks for that. What drew me to the NHU product was that is was all natural, non permanent and appears to have some of the same benefits of a rust inhibitor.
Undercoating....My 71 Camaro SS had the same undercoating so I am no stranger to that process and agree it is worth the trouble, be a project for another weekend but on the list.
Attached Images