View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 03:52 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Thank you for the thread and for posting the pictures Bruce. You do a great job with these threads and your contributions are very much appreciated.

I plan on going through the car again today to identify all the bolt head markings and check further to see if I need to address anything other than what was noted above. Plans are to keep it mostly original and dress it with a few day 2 bolt on items including some vintage Cragar headers, a restored set of vintage Lakewood traction bars, and a set of Torque Thrusts with some Wide Oval Radials. The original YH wheels and tires will be stored away as will the original smog system and the factory exhaust manifolds. The car is a true gem, but will need some cleaning and detailing of the lower body and suspension where previous owners attempted to dress things to a limited degree. I don't think it will take much to revive it back towards being an all factory original car below the body lines and I will post more pictures of the car as I progress.

As an aside, a set of NOS door edge guards and NOS wheel opening moldings were added to the car by the third owners brother. Those trim parts will stay intact as I like the exterior trim as presented on the car.

I'm now attempting to track down the original owner and I have an associate in the US doing some title search work to see if the history of the cars first sale or original title exists as reported to me. The cars integrity truly speaks for itself and I was pleasantly surprised to see just how much of it remains original and untouched. With winter knocking on the door now, I have lots of time to go through the car and discover more about it. I will share things as I go through the process.

Cheers...Graeme

Last edited by NorCam; 10-20-2019 at 07:51 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NorCam For This Useful Post:
ScottG (10-21-2019), Tenney (10-22-2019), Xplantdad (10-20-2019)