View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 02:59 AM

Default Re: special value for cars owned by reggie jackson?

Black69,

Was this car owned by a guy in Virginia, specifically near Richmond? If so I inspected this car about 3 or 4 years ago.I got a call from the owner at the time wanting me to look at the car. He was referred to me by a mutual friend and since I own a 66 L79 I am pretty familiar with them. I did not take any pics but what I did find that the car was originally, per trim, tag yellow but had been painted red. I can't remember if it was a Norwood or Willow Run car. I do know the block had been decked at some point. I could barely and I mean barely, make out the ZI suffix on the pad, and that was with a flashlight and magnifing glass. The VIN on the pad could not be seen. The casting date on the block lined up with the build date of the car so I was satisfied that it was the original block to the car. The block was the correct 362 casting. The carburetor was incorrect as well as alot of other stuff on the car. There was no lift present so I did not get a chance to crawl around under the car to check the transmission ETC. It did have the required 12 bolt rear but I did not check the numbers. When I saw this car, again, 3 or 4 years ago, it was not pristine by any stretch of the imagination. It needed alot of work but had great potential. But hey, we may not even be talking about the same car. I don't have any opinion about whether the hobby thinks previously owned Reggie Jackson cars command a premium or not. As far as I'm concerned they don't, but that is just me. He was a helluva ball player thou.

Hope this was helpful.

Dave