View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 07:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to DWCamaro69
Default Value of 1969 Z/28 Drivetrain

Looking for opinions on what the value would be for a 69 Z drivetrain.

DZ motor carb to pan with correct carb, intake, heads, block, deep groove pulleys, etc. No distributor or starter and non original alt (correct style, & pulley). Some extras like 772 fan with clutch, radiator, shroud, etc. Internals are not stock. Eagle Forged rotating assembly making 383 cu in, hydraulic roller cam & roller rockers. Much more fun than stock 302. Professional build. Maybe 5,000 miles. Running in car now. LA VIN on pad.

Muncie M20, VIN matched to engine. Low miles since professional rebuild. Includes correct shifter (no handle), correct bellhousing and flywheel and newer Centerforce Dual Friction clutch. Recently removed, ready to go.

BV 4.10 12 bolt posi. All orginal GM. Has been sitting several years in my shop (heated/dry) so maybe freshen up seals and maybe bearings but is in very nice shape and fully functional when removed. Includes GM 4 leaf springs and stock drive shaft.

I'm sure some purist think I am crazy but my Z is undocumented, color change, etc and I will never put this drivetrain back in the car so why keep it. Car has already been changed to TKO600, built 3.73 12 bolt with disc brakes, etc. Thinking about changing to big cu in SB and fuel injection and coilover suspension and AC. Love to drive it, not look at it.

If the value is not very high then I will store all of it but if its worth good money I would rather see it used in another car.

Thanks for your opinions.

Dana