View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 08:26 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

The car to buy now would probably be the 2018 demon since everyone who has one, just got one-upped.

There's seven of them going to Mecum Glendale auction next week. Should be interesting.
https://my.mecum.com/my/search?q=dod...-direction=asc

And the whole "Original Demon owners get first dibs on a 2023 with their VIN number" is just BS. They have to find a dealer to sell them one at whatever extortionate price they can find. 2018 Demon owners didn't get any priority deal. Highest ADM I've seen as of today is $400,000 over sticker.

This isn't like the first Viper Coupe in 1996, where every original Viper owner (myself included) who still had their Viper registered to them, was given an allocation coupon to use only for themselves. I took my coupon, went into my local dealer and told him I would give him $500 over invoice for the order. He happily agreed because he knew if he refused, I could just take my "golden ticket" and walk down the street to the next Dodge dealer and use it there.

Here's the Mecum page for next week's 2018 Demons. And if you're buying one make sure it has the Demon Crate with all the extra parts and tools intact. Crazy as it seems, some original buyers didn't pay the extra one dollar to get it. UGH! And also several Demons have gone through auctions and the new buyers refused to pick up or pay the shipping on the Demon crates. Several enthusiasts have bought orphan crates that way in the past few years. (they are serial numbered to the cars, BTW) This one has a link to click on and you can see what an original crate and its contents look like: https://www.mecum.com/lots/AZ0323-55...ger-srt-demon/
Attached Images

Last edited by njsteve; 03-22-2023 at 08:42 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post:
dustinm (03-23-2023), jer (03-22-2023), markinnaples (03-23-2023)