View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 06:32 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thank you Bruce! I'm trying to finish it! Seems like every time I take one step forward I take two steps back.

The week before last, we tried to fire it up with no success... I want to make sure there are no engine leaks before we put the front end sheet metal on the car. It didn't leak two years ago when the engine ran on the run stand, but better safe than sorry. When we went to start it, the engine would only run on 4 cylinders. Turns out the ignition module inside the MSD took a crap. Going to give it another whirl this afternoon with a new module...

Another step backwards was an issue with the paint on top of the left 1/4 panel. Unfortunately the paint began bubbling. I figure it was corrosion starting... When my painter sanded the paint off we found no evidence of rust. My guess is it was moisture under the paint, maybe another form of contaminant like oil or something. This was stressful because so many of the restored parts are already on the car... Luckily my painter took his time masking everything with cars! He was able to spot the area with paint but had to blend the clear into the roof and right 1/4. Repair looks great but now I need to sand it back down and polish it all over again. My buddy and I spent 4 days polishing this car the last time.... I mean this is FUN right? At least we caught this early on and the paint matches perfectly.
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chuck_Burg For This Useful Post:
big gear head (07-27-2021), Oldss (07-31-2021), PeteLeathersac (07-30-2021), ruralrte66 (07-30-2021), Too Many Projects (07-30-2021)