View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 05:29 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstgenaddict View Post
D&M is a stones throw from my house - they did my clocks and my mechanical oil pressure gauge for my vette, quick and great work.
That being said regarding a MSD - I know on my factory TI system I have to hook my tune up tach to the positive side of the coil.
For sure. Chris turned my tach around in about 4 days. It works perfectly now. I retained the Ignition Monitor just for looks. I took the resistors out of one and just added a jumper wire from the ignition terminal to the tach terminal. Hoping to get the front end put on it soon.... Having a problem with the lower valance and grill fitment, going to require a little metal work to get it just right.

I got my driveshaft built by a local shop here, Driveshaft Pro. 3-1/2" steel with Sonnax slip yoke and 1350 Spicer u-joints. I was reluctant to add holes to my virgin floors for a driveshaft loop but decided it was for the best. I had an old Lakewood universal loop but didn't like how it fit, seemed too many mods to the floor would be needed and there wasn't much clearance with the larger than stock u-joint and drive shaft. I ended up buying a loop from Metco Motorsports which mounts to the tunnel instead of the floor. Lower profile and more clearance as it is perfectly round and has a 6-1/2" diameter.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chuck_Burg For This Useful Post:
big gear head (09-01-2021), napa68 (09-01-2021), NorCam (09-11-2021), Xplantdad (09-01-2021)