View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 06:00 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanks for your concern. If one car doesn’t work out, there is always another.

10 miles is absolutely true. Partly because of how clean the car is and partly because we have been dealing with Covid-19 in Ontario and I have gone pretty much no-where to protect family members with co-morbitities that would make them more susceptible to severe infection. I didn’t really feel the need to share that private matter on BAT, but since my lack of driving appears to bother you…there you have it. I wouldn’t call adding a set of Cragars to a concourse car ‘day 2ing” the car. It’s literally 20 lug nuts to change back.

I will likely lose $7-$10k on this “investment” even if I get a good selling price in this market. I bought the car at an exchange rate of $1.385 and will be selling at $1.23. Add $3250 for shipping and 13% tax and then another $4,400 in mtce work. The math is pretty simple. Everyone always assumes that someone is selling a car for a profit. I’m selling it because a driver quality L78 interests me more for my purposes than a concourse L48. If I lose $7k - $10k or even $15k I really don’t care. This is my hobby and it was worth owning the car for me.

Yes, the car was restored 12 years ago and has been driven 1,200 miles, but it still looks like this underneath. Anyone who sees it cannot believe that it hasn’t deteriorated.

As for the L78, My mechanic/friend from this site and I already have a plan for the L78 including repainting it. I am getting a very fair deal on it, so it’s worth it to me. If the deal falls through, my old Black 67 Z is available to me and I like that car too. If that falls through, there is always another car.

Finally, yes, I had been looking for a mint 67 Camaro for a long time, but Camaros aren’t my only automotive interest. I’ve owned a half dozen vintage motorcycles and a couple of 993’s during the search. And my next car is unlikely to be my last. I’m not wired that way…and I suspect you aren’t either.

If anyone else feels the need to give me advice on how to enjoy my hobby, can you please do it via pm. I’d like to keep my for sale post as positive as possible please.
Attached Images

1996 Carrera & 1993 Fat Boy

Last edited by Zedder; 09-19-2021 at 06:28 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zedder For This Useful Post:
1stGenFan (09-20-2021), Xplantdad (09-23-2021)