View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 06:17 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,596 Times in 490 Posts
Default Re: 1 of 617...Gold Chicken Lips

Perhaps this information will help some of you 'fence sitters' make a move.

As you all know, the 68 Nova is a one year only car in many ways and as such, requires a good working knowledge of the unique details. We are fortunate to have a 68 expert whose skills and quality of work are well known to the site members here...Jason Hale.
Jason lives a little north of me, but close enough by country standards to be considered a neighbor [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

Jason has demonstrated his talents on 2 different 68 Novas that have been featured here...his 68 L78 [same color as mine] and the Fathom Blue L79 which was a feature car in Hemming's Muscle Machines and even made a trip to BJ in Florida.

Jason has agreed to do the restoration on the 68 L78 if the new owner is so inclined. I will also help the process by adding in a few extras to help make the deal even easier.

1..I will pay for transportation to Jason's shop

2..I will pay for a 'check-up' and 'freshening' of the motor at my shop, Boyd's Motorworks...Jack did the L78 in our Autumn Gold 70 and the L79 in Barry Volkert's 65 Chevelle...his work is first rate. This will include transportation to and from his shop and delivery to Jason. **Note the engine was done professionally before I bought the car..it has been in climate controlled storage, oiled and turned over periodically. I'm sure everything is fine...but, this car is all about the motor, so I want the purchaser to have complete confidence.

3...I will store the 6,000 mile original interior in our shop until it is time for the install. This way it won't be in Jason's way and it will be safely protected.

4...I will also help by providing [no charge] any minor parts, bolts, hardware, etc. that Jason made need during the restoration. There are always little odds and ends that come up...if I have them I'll be happy to help out. We have a shop full of parts [like most of you guys]...they might as well go to a worthy cause.

5...I will also provide the new owner with all the info and history I have on the car, including details from numerous phone calls with the original owner.

I would like to see this car go to a good home and it would also be nice to be part of the restoration process. I have no doubt the car will turn out great in Jason's capable hands. This car may not be 1 of 1...but, it's damn close. I have never seen another 68 L78/M22 Nova, with born with driveline and documentation...if it's out there, it must be hiding [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

So, there you have it...call me..email me..send a PM..or drop by for a visit. Let's get this car up to Jason and get things started...should make for a hell of a build thread on the SYC [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif[/img]

Thanks, Tom
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro