View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 01:20 PM

Thanked 1,382 Times in 671 Posts

Cool Camaro. Do you have any current pics of it cleaned up?
JMHO, I don't think a change over to power discs using original or close to original components would detract from the car at all. If you were thinking of selling, I don't even think that would be a negative either. Originality is great, but I think it's much more significant if the car was a COPO, Z, or other solid lifter "special" version.

I just have to add that my '68 Camaro still has it's OG drums all around, and the drive around town is a challenge. It's interesting for the first couple stops when I need to get a little heat into the brakes, and I need to be prepared long ahead of any intersection or cross roads in case someone pulls out in front of me and I have to panic stop. Otherwise, it's not been that bad to drive them as I only take it to cruises, shows and the occasional day at work in nice weather. I do, however, plan to do at least a front disc conversion sometime in the future when I add power steering, which I don't have either right now. One guy I hang out with at our local cruises calls my car a "real man's car" based on those factors, lol.
Attached Images

John 10:30

Last edited by markinnaples; 01-14-2020 at 01:44 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to markinnaples For This Useful Post:
300deluxeL79 (01-14-2020), chris slawski (01-14-2020), L_e_e (01-15-2020), PeteLeathersac (01-14-2020)