View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 12:52 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

Ahhh, ebay. You need something? Someone seems to have it. Date coded NOS thermostatic vacuum switch....NOS parking brake switch....you just gotta love it!

With this installed the only missing functional light is the low fuel indicator. And yes, I still need to mount that high beam switch. Sending unit comes back next week and that'll complete that. So... nothing left to do? Is this your first time reading this thread? Plenty to do!

Looking at the Hero Car, the Hurst shifter boot is on back order right now for another day, so I used this no-name one in place just for now. The Samitron, author of the infamous, and gorgeous, Day 2 '69 L78 Chevelle thread in the members ride area, has blocked my PMs now since I was apperently too aggressive in insisting he send me his Hurst shift boot. But that's OK...you can't guard that car all the time at MCACN.... especially at happy hour! Mmmwwwaahahaaaaa..cough.... oh, sorry.
Where was I? Oh yeah! Got the fold down seat and trap door installed and this weekend I'll be stripping and painting the doors in preps for the glass to be installed. I'll install the headliner this upcoming week too and then I can schedule the glass guy to do his thing. Two things homey don't do: glass installation and headliners

In totally unrelated news, apparently someone told the local Ford dealer here that I was building this car and the owner is interested in putting it on display next to a 2019 Bullitt model in the showroom! Negotiations are on-going right now, and so far, we're up to $25/day and two free Keurig K-Cups of my choice. I'm a pretty good negotiator, so I'm also headed toward the additional 8oz bag of free popcorn too!

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

Last edited by A12pilot; 04-14-2018 at 12:55 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
big gear head (04-14-2018), SS427 (04-17-2018), Xplantdad (04-14-2018)